Dad is still obsessed with the cat, Tiger. I sometimes forget we have a cat too, but he sure doesn't. Sometimes I think he loves that cat more than he loves us...  | | Speaking of my dad, I can tell that he's disappointed in me. He thought I'd be married by now and ready to settle down. |
|
Oliver: "You're better than this, Izzy. You have a responsibility to this family." Izzy: "Stop with the patriarchal judgment already! This is how I want to live my life, Dad, and you're just gonna have to deal with it." |
There's been a lot of undercurrents of tension in the house lately, judgment from my dad, Rufus acting guilty and awkward whenever he sees me, and of course Sophie still not having a clue. So what do the Hadleys do in such a situation? Throw an insane Halloween costume party of course. Dad thinks he's Maverick from Top Gun apparently. Uncle Theodore is a detective or something, but he still hasn't lost that ridiculous gnome hat so he's not exactly undercover... I dressed up like a hot dog (classic), and Vinga the werewolf just decided to come as a Goth wannabe I guess.  Maid: "I'm getting out of here before anything too weird happens." Probably a smart idea. Mom is some sort of Victorian lady. Calliope: "Fetch me my fainting couch. I can hardly breathe in this thing." Aunt Evelyn apparently didn't get the memo that this was supposed to be a costume party. Aunt Hazel matched her ginger hair with an orange astronaut costume.  Rufus continues to shower Sophie with affection (probably due to guilt). He barely even tried with his costume, just dressed up in the scrubs he wears to work at the hospital. Sophie was a cheerleader. Of course. I shouldn't even be surprised that Uncle Henry came as a rockstar. I'm not even sure that is a costume. It's probably just what he wears every day. Henry: "This party is boring as hell. When are we gonna have some real fun around here?" Aunt Evelyn apparently found a cop costume somewhere, but even she was less than impressed with the party. Damn, next time I'll let Rufus throw the party. He's the party animal. Henry: "Hahaha, you dressed like a wiener!" Izzy: "Shut up, old man!" Albert: "Don't listen to him, Izzy. Us wieners have to stick together." I was about to throw hands with my uncle. Now that would have livened the party up. At least Al was on my side. I really should've kicked his ass and then kicked him out of the house. I mean who eats food like that? He's an animal. Seriously. Is he even house trained? Do I want to know? Henry: "...wiener." Izzy: "I will end you." Calliope: "I think you make a lovely wiener, dear." Al: "That's what I said." Oliver: "What is wrong with this family?" Family Updates You guys are cousins! Or technically half-cousins but still, gross. Stop it! Well, I knew this would start happening eventually...
Not long after the party, Hazel became an Elder as well. Now all of Gen. 2 is elderly.
|
Comments
Post a Comment