Oliver's POV
 |
| My parents are still very much in love, even after all the many years they've been together. It's honestly very inspiring. I can only hope that my relationship with my own wife will be just as long, committed, and healthy as theirs. |
 |
| After baby Sophie brought so much joy into our lives, we knew we wanted to expand our family again. Although my father would be overjoyed if I ended up having six children like he did, Calliope and I only plan on having two. I know she's still hoping for a boy this time, but secretly I want another girl. I've always seen myself as a girl dad. |
 |
| Hazel is so grown up now and going to the prom. Of course she asked Ezekiel to go with her. She ended up being crowned prom queen, which I don't think surprised anyone. She's always been such a friendly and easygoing person to be around. Everyone loves Hazel. |
 |
| My mother finally reached the top of her career and became a Five-Star Chef. I'm so proud of her. It can't have been easy trying to raise six kids and also do well in a career as demanding as the culinary field. |
 |
| Recently, Hazel told me a completely outlandish story. She said that something woke her up the other night. She saw colorful flashing lights outside her window and went outside to investigate. |
 |
| That's when the story got really over the top. She claims that a flying saucer swooped down and picked her up with its tractor beam, that she was actually abducted by aliens for a night! I told her she needs to stop eating so close to bedtime. It's clearly giving her dreams that are way too vivid. |
 |
| My dad was not far behind in realizing his career goals too. He is a bona fide Rockstar now, and every day he seems to get a little more famous. We can't go two seconds without paparazzi showing up on our doorstep, hoping to catch a glimpse of the famous rocker. It's more than a little annoying actually. |
 |
| It wasn't long before Calliope discovered she is pregnant with our second child. Luckily, both pregnancies have been smooth sailing. |
 |
| My dad is hounded by fans everywhere he goes. If it were me, I'd snap at them and tell them to leave me alone, but I think he actually enjoys it. |
 |
| He even holds impromptu autographing sessions whenever he goes out and about. The fans eat it up. |
 |
| Calliope decided to become a lifeguard of all things. The decision felt completely out of the blue to me, but she told me she never really enjoyed science. She felt like she was never really good at it, and she wanted to try something new, something exciting. Well, saving people from drowning is certainly that. |
 |
| Although I think she also enjoys the job because she gets to lounge around in the ocean when she's off duty, not that I can blame her. My own job is very stressful, dealing with criminals and trying to protect people all day. Sometimes I think I need a day to myself at the beach too. |
 |
| Before I knew it, baby Sophie wasn't such a small baby anymore. |
 |
| She was an adorable and clever toddler with her mother's ginger hair and crooked nose. Although she doesn't know it yet, she has me wrapped around her tiny little finger. |
 |
| Mom decided to retire. She was getting on in years and didn't want to spend her remaining time working so much. Everyone surrounded her to congratulate her, but my father pulled out a protest sign with a yeti on it for some reason. I think he might finally be going a bit senile... |
 |
| Calliope and I take turns teaching Sophie her basic skills like walking and talking. She's such a smart little girl, picking everything up so quickly. |
 |
| Now that dad's a rockstar he doesn't really have a set schedule, just performs concerts at the theater or stadium whenever he wants. Sometimes he just busks down in the park for fun. He says it reminds him of his humble beginnings. |
 |
Calliope still performs her lifeguard duties even when she's pregnant. I was concerned with the safety of it, but she brushed my worries away, insisting that she would be fine. I couldn't help but wonder though if she'd be able to reach potential drowning victims in time while so heavily pregnant. |
 |
| Sophie is such a sweet girl. I never get tired of taking pictures of her. |
 |
I got my wish! Calliope gave birth to another girl, Isabel. Although she tried to hide it, I know my wife was a little disappointed. She always did want a boy. I've never cared about having a son or not. In this household, we aren't patriarchal; one of my girls will inherit everything and become heir, and I couldn't be more excited. (Isabel Loves the Outdoors and is Easily Impressed. Her favorites are Red, Cobbler, and Egyptian music. She's an Aquarius like Sophie.) |
 |
| Now that my family was complete, I could devote even more time to my work. Although I don't mind working a beat as a police officer, my dream is to join the forensics team. |
 |
| Hazel's young adult birthday was a big occasion. We invited all of the extended family over to celebrate. It was good to see my half-brother Sam again. It's been far too long. My dad especially was so happy to see him. I can tell he's very proud of the man Sam has become, and he absolutely adores his grandchildren. He has four now: Julius, Aldric, Sophie and Isabel! |
 |
| Theodore is looking good. We of course invited Ezekiel over. He's slightly younger than Hazel, but no doubt his birthday is coming soon too. |
 |
Henry, of course, had to play the role of protective older brother. "Hurt my sister and I'll kill you. I'm a werewolf so it would be easy. Remember that." |
 |
| Evelyn brought chocolate gnomes to snack on, which was very thoughtful. |
 |
Even Aunt Ivy showed up. It's been far too long since we've seen her. "I'm still kickin'! Ha!" |
 |
| It was so good to see so many of the family gathered together under one roof again.. Having such a large family is a blessing. And of course we can't forget our friends, like Mortimer Goth. |
 |
He kept asking about Bella even though I heard she's gotten married to one of the Keatons. They even have a daughter now. My nephew Julius came over as well. He's growing into quite the handsome young man, the spitting image of his father Sam. |
 |
| Finally, it was the moment we were all waiting for, time for the baby of the family to become an adult. |
 |
| Everyone gathered around. It was such a happy moment. |
 |
(Hazel gained the Nurturing trait and her LTW is to become a World-Renowned Surgeon.) |
 |
Aunt Ivy was there to discuss career advice with her youngest niece. "I thought about becoming a writer because I love books so much, but what I really want to do is become a doctor," Hazel told her aunt. "I want to save people's lives." Hazel was always the friendliest, most nurturing of all my siblings, so her dream doesn't surprise me at all. It suits her. |
 |
| The party lasted all day and well into the evening. By the time everyone else had left, Aunt Ivy was still just dancing away, having a good time. It ended up being the last time we got to see her so I'm really glad we shared such a happy occasion together. |
 |
| My baby sister followed in my footsteps and became Class Valedictorian. I couldn't be more proud of her. She has a very bright future ahead of her. Part of me is slightly jealous, because she doesn't bear the same weight of responsibility that I do as family heir, but when I think about my family and what we are building together, I know that it is worth it. |
Family Updates

Oliver rolled a wish for another girl, which I thought was sweet. Calliope never rolled a wish for a girl, and she's not getting her boy, unfortunately for her.
Evelyn
Workaholic Evelyn is doing a good job working her way up the corporate ladder.
Ivy
Maybe Ivy will finally get to settle down, near the end of her life.
Instead of stealing and burglary, Ivy has taken to investment properties in her golden years, no doubt funded from the money she made stealing so many things...
Comments
Post a Comment