Hadley Random Legacy: Gen. 2 Chapter 1

 Hello and welcome back to the Hadley Random Legacy. Sorry there was such a delay between updates. Life ended up getting really busy for a while and playing Sims fell by the wayside for a bit. But I'm back now! Let's get back to it!

Here are the rolls for Generation 2!

Marital Status: Couple
Number of Children: 2
First Career: Freelance Scientist (Calliope)
2nd Career: Law Enforcement - Forensics (Oliver)
3rd Career: Lifeguard (for Second Chance)
Generational Goal: Second Chance for Career
Misc. Fun: The Joker (will be able to re-roll a single category once later on when I choose) 
 
Also, I realize now I never put the Misc. Fun for Gen. 1 in the first chapter of the legacy, but it was "Runs in the Family" and everyone got Fern's Excitable trait before they turned YA! As you know, we were only mostly successful with the generational goal of Perfect Children, but I'm counting it since it was crazy hard to do with 5 kids in only the second gen! 

 

It's time for the youngest of the Hadley children to become a teenager. Time really does fly!

 Here is Hazel as a teen! She is really quite pretty, and I was honestly quite torn between choosing her or Oliver as the heir. It was extremely close. Like extremely.

She gained the Bookworm trait. 

Because it's been a while since I played, and I took all these pictures already, it might be a little hard for me to remember exactly why I took them. I think I took this one just because it's funny that this kid looks so much like Lex Luthor (his name is actually Hellion Sw0rd, son of Cycl0n3 lol), and I love that Oliver and Calliope are just watching in the background.

As you can see from the last picture, Oliver's girlfriend Calliope was still a teenager. It was time to fix that so he invited her over for a birthday party, because relationships between adults and teens = wrong.

Here she is right after growing up. Those eyes sure are interesting. 

Oliver and Calliope wasted no time. They wanted to enjoy the benefits of their adult relationship right away.

Here's Calliope after a makeover. There's nothing to be done about those heavily lidded eyes. In a way, I think they're actually kinda charming. Certainly unique. I like sims that aren't traditionally beautiful or attractive, makes for more interesting genetics and gameplay, imo.

Calliope has some interesting traits. She's Flirty, a Night Owl, Family-Oriented, a Klepto, and a Supernatural Skeptic (hilarious). So she doesn't believe in werewolves. We'll have to see how that plays out considering she just married into a family with two of them.

Her favorites are Purple (like Leighton), Vegetarian Chili, and Beach Party music. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. 

Her LTW is to Become a Master Thief. I don't really foresee that happening anytime soon. Sorry Calliope. 

Calliope: "Thank you, Ollie. These are beautiful."

Evelyn: "Could you guys please do your gross, lovey-dovey stuff somewhere that's not right in my way?"


Oliver: "Will you be my wife?"

Calliope: "YES!"

Henry: "This house isn't big enough for us, let alone another person. Great."

Evelyn: "At least they aren't in my way anymore." 

Due to the rolls for this generation, Calliope will be taking on the role of a freelance scientist, which is why I bought this wacky science machine and placed it outside in the freezing cold for her to use. There's still not enough room in the house yet, sorry.

Calliope: "The brisk air sharpens my cognitive faculties. It's refreshing!"

At least she's happy.

 

Theodore: "So...freelance scientist. That's not a real job, right? I mean who says they're a freelance scientist?"

Henry: "Hey, at least she's not a writer. Now that's not a real job. At least she makes money selling those potions."

Theodore: "Not potions, idiot. It's called chemistry."

Henry: "Whatever." 

Evelyn: "You guys are literally boring me to sleep right now." 

Speaking of growing up and getting forced to get real jobs, it was time for Evelyn, Theodore and Henry to become adults. First up is Evelyn.

She gained the Workaholic trait, ironically, and her LTW is to be CEO of a Megacorporation.  

 

In between her between and the boys', Oliver actually attended his own high school graduation.

Here is Theodore all grown up. He gained the Savvy Sculptor trait and his LTW is to be a Descendant of Da Vinci.

 

Last but certainly not least it was time for Henry to step into adulthood.

Henry: "I don't think I'm ready for the responsibility...I'm still very immature."

But it was too late.

Henry the werewolf makes for quite the distinguished gentleman actually. Honestly, I think he would have made an excellent heir as well. Do I have regrets? Maybe a few.
 
Henry gained the Sailor trait, and he wants to be Swimming in Cash. I'm noticing a trend with some of the kids here. They're tired of being broke and stuck in a house too small for them, lol.
 
Theodore and Henry move out, freeing up some space in the house.

Theodore: "Finally! I get to be an independent, productive member of society!"
 
Henry: "Does this mean I have to get a job? I think adulthood might be overrated." 
 
Evelyn was also kicked out into the cold. Literally.

Evelyn: "I probably should've worn some warmer clothes for this." 
 
But really Oliver's siblings are just following the footsteps of Sam, their much older half-brother who already moved out, joined a career, and started a family. Speaking of Sam, he is not forgotten. Oliver still drops by occasionally to visit.

 
So remember how Oliver became a Cat Person when he became an adult? He just absolutely had to have a cat so meet Snowball, who is Quiet. He adopted him from the shelter.

His favorite hobbies include drinking out of the toilet apparently.

We started out this chapter with Hazel, and I haven't forgotten about her. So it turns out Lex Luthor aka Hellion Sw0rd wasn't really all that into her, but that's his loss. It turns out that Ezekiel Grier has had a crush on Hazel all along. Turns out Hazel is pretty into him too.
 
I have to say going from a Lex Luthor lookalike to a Don Lothario lookalike is an upgrade. Let's just hope he just looks like Don and doesn't act like him lol. 

It's time for Oliver's bachelor party, his last chance at a taste of the single life before he gets hitched for good. I think he's pretty excited.

Of course he invited his brothers. Sam showed up in a dashing suit, as did Henry with his fancy bowtie. Henry, however, didn't seem all that impressed.

Henry: "Glad I'm not the heir. You can miss me with that getting married young and pumping out babies nonsense." 
 
Theodore was around too, tending to the bar.
 

 Mortimer Goth also showed up and so did Bella. I find this picture hilarious, just everyone's expressions, including the cat. It's like a work of art.
 
Mortimer: "Who is that girl? She's so pretty."
 
Bella: "Who is that guy? So tall, dark, and handsome."
 
Random Woman: "Damn, I wish someone would look at me like that."
 
Cat: "Meow?" 
 
 
There's Theodore!
 
Theodore: "I feel like it's time for alcohol...I mean juice. Who wants some juice?" 
 
Henry: "All right, now it's a party!"

Meanwhile, Oliver is too busy dancing with Bella to even notice.
 
Another picture that could be a work of art.

Random Woman: "You're not even listening to me, are you?"
 
Bella: "Who is that man?" 
 
Mortimer: "I never believed in love at first sight...until now."
 
Henry: *absolutely drenches Oliver in champagne* "Hahaha, marriage is for suckers, you know that right?"
 
Cat: "Meow??" 
 
And I like to believe, in this universe, this is when Mortimer and Bella fall for each other.
 
Back at home, Fern maxed out her cooking skill! She's also getting close to the top of her career. I think she's feeling pretty satisfied with her life and the family she raised.
 
Fern: "It's time for my son to take the reins. This family is in good hands." 

Despite a raucous bachelor party, Oliver and Calliope decided to have a private wedding in the comfort of home. Oliver was feeling a little partied out, and Calliope didn't feel the need for a big audience.

Leighton: "Finally. I'd like to meet some more grandkids before I kick the bucket. Now, can you move a little to the left? You're blocking the TV."
 
Very romantic.  
 
Oliver and Calliope: *having the best moment of their lives*

 
Leighton: "I've told you a thousand times! I'm NOT interested in my car's extended warranty! STOP CALLING THIS NUMBER!" 
 
Oliver: "What do you say we take this upstairs? My dad did say he wanted more grandkids, right?"
 
Calliope: "Sorry, I can't hear you above the sound of your dad screaming at telemarketers."
 
Just some quick screenshots to show that the house has expanded a bit. It's still pretty small, and they live on one of the smaller lots, but it's getting there. At some point in the next generation or two the family will probably move out of this lot entirely. 

Right now here is the second floor. The room with green walls belongs to Fern and Leighton. The room in the bottom right corner is Oliver's and Calliope's; there's a lot of love for purple and lavender in this house right now. Next to their room is Hazel's. The empty room next to that is a nursery/kids' room. There's a bathroom and then one more small, empty bedroom.
 
Here is the first floor. From left to right: activity/skilling room, kitchen/dining room, living room and bathroom.

I've never been the best at designing or building houses in the sims. Mine are always pretty practical and utilitarian. I really admire all the simmers out there who can build and decorate masterpieces though. Maybe the family will have enough money to move to one of those fancy houses at some point.
 
Oh, they also have a small patio and backyard area. See what I mean about the small lot? I prefer to play on a small lot in the beginning of a legacy, but it does mean they'll need to move as they acquire the funds for it. 

Expanding the house does mean Calliope can bring her science station indoors though.

Calliope: "Finally. No more risking frostbite while pursuing the next great scientific discovery!" 
 
 
I will leave off with this picture. I've finally caught up to where I took pictures. I'd been playing so much that I was away ahead in game but still needed to write the chapters for it. 
 
This picture is a good place to end the chapter though, Leighton and Fern reflecting on the family they've created together and now the grandchildren they'll get to meet. It's sweet.
 
Leighton: "These are my grandkids. Aren't they adorable?"
 
Fern: "Leighton, honey, I know. I've met Sam's children. They're my grandchildren too technically, remember?"
 
Leighton: "Damn, must be going senile already. Anyway, Oliver will probably knock Calliope up soon so we can have even more pictures to show off to everyone, don't worry."
 
Fern: "I can't wait!" 
 

Story Updates

 
Calliope was voted most likely to have a big family. Her classmates definitely got that one wrong. She and Oliver are only going to have two babies, which will feel like a walk in the park.
 
Oliver graduated with Highest Honors and was the Class Valedictorian. :)

Oliver has a faithful reputation. Aww.

Hazel enjoys roasting her big sister.
 
 
Theodore has started a new relationship with Tori Kimura, who I'm pretty sure is an elder. But hey, good for him.
 
Or maybe not...lol. That was fast! Kaylynn is much more age appropriate for him though. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 1

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 5

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 2