Oliver's POV
 |
| I think I've done a better job hiding the tension between Calliope and me from Isabel. She's still so young that I don't think she sees as much, fortunately. |
 |
| I do my best to spend as much time with the girls as possible, which is a little easier now that I've been pointedly giving Calliope the cold shoulder. Unlike her sister, Isabel would rather spend all her time outside, even in the dead of winter. I should probably invest in an actual coat one of these days. |
 |
| Calliope and I give each other as much space as possible these days. Lately she's been exercising non-stop. She must want to look good for Gene Norman or maybe the dozens of sims she saves from drowning who are constantly flirting with her. Seriously, does no one in this town know how to swim? |
 |
| When I'm not playing with the girls, I've been distracting myself with painting and photography. Now that I'm finally working in the crime lab rather than patrolling the streets, I need a keen eye and attention to detail that such artistic pursuits provide. |
 |
| Isabel spends most of her time outside. I can't say that I blame her since whenever I am forced to speak with my wife, it usually devolves into an argument. |
 |
"I don't know why this has to be such a big deal. It was one kiss." "The fact that you don't understand why it's a big deal to me is a huge part of the problem." |
 |
| My home life was becoming so miserable that it's honestly a relief to go to work, which sounds awful, but I've been making really good progress. I work in the crime lab now. Maybe one day I'll be in charge of it. That's the dream. |
 |
| Calliope still goes to work in the middle of winter, God only knows why. But apparently there are people crazy enough to go swimming in the nearly frozen ocean. I really don't understand the people in this town. |
 |
| Izzy made a new friend at school, Eugene Williams-Sw0rd. Apparently, he's survived to childhood despite his completely neglectful parents. I think he was actually raised by the three dogs his family keeps. His parents were certainly nowhere to be found. |
 |
I'm worried about Sophie. She's too perceptive. Even though I've been extremely vague on the details, I think she knows exactly what's going on, and she doesn't like it one bit. She's been taking her anger out on the pink plastic flamingos that my mom Fern loved so much for some inexplicable reason. I haven't had the heart to get rid of them. |
 |
| One of the nice things about having a big family is that I can always talk to my siblings about what's been going on, and they've all been so supportive even if they vary wildly in what they think I should do about it. Hazel, of course, remains the voice of reason while I'm pretty sure Theo and Henry think I should lure Calliope over to their house during the full moon. |
 |
| "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. Gene?! Damn it...I hope no one is watching this." |
 |
| "This is the last time I put my mouth on yours for any reason, Gene Norman. You've caused me too many problems." |
 |
"Calliope? What's wrong?" "I can't do this anymore. My husband hates me. I think even my daughter is starting to hate me. It's over, Gene." |
 |
"I had to save Gene's life, but afterwards I told him to go kick rocks. I'm so sorry, Ollie. I know I've been incredibly selfish lately. I don't know what came over me. Maybe it's just the fear of getting older, but that's no excuse for hurting you the way I did. It is a big deal. I'm sorry." "That's all I wanted, Cal, just for you to acknowledge what you did and to apologize for it." |
 |
"I thought you hated me. I think Sophie is still mad at me..." "I don't hate you. I never hated you. I was just hurt...and angry. And Sophie just needs some time. She doesn't hate you either." |
 |
"We can get through this. Together. But only if you're honest with me from now on. I love you, Cal, but it will take some time to rebuild the trust that was lost." "I know. Thank you for giving me another chance." Finally, I could breathe again at home. It would take a while for things
to go back to the way they were between Calliope and I, if they ever
could. There was a part of me that would probably always wonder if I
could ever fully trust her again, but I was willing to give her a
chance. |
 |
As things slowly returned to normal, Sophie told me a crazy story, one I'd heard before from my sister Hazel. It was still hard to believe, but the story was exactly the same. I couldn't imagine Sophie making up a story that was so identical. Could it really be true? Were we really not alone in the universe? |
 |
"They took me up in their spaceship, Dad, and we flew around space! It was really cool but also really scary. Like they kept poking me and prodding me, like I was some sort of guinea pig they wanted to run experiments on." "Even if that's true, what could they possibly want with us? None of this makes any sense, Soph." "Jeez, Dad. Mom's the one who doesn't believe in the supernatural. I thought you at least would believe me." |
 |
Speaking of the supernatural, my brothers would stop by occasionally to visit. They were getting older now just as I was. Henry even cut his hair, which I never expected he would ever do. He was also not quite as ready to forgive Calliope as I was. "Just let me talk to her. All I want to do is a have a little talk." |
 |
I continued to spend time with Isabel. It was a long, cold winter, but she didn't mind one bit. In fact, all she ever wanted to do was build snowmen. "Being outside is the best! I don't know why Sophie stays inside all day with her face glued to a screen. Boring!" |
 |
| She got very creative with it too. |
 |
Slowly, Sophie and Calliope started to reconnect and repair their relationship as well. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. I made a huge mistake. I hurt your dad, and all just because I was feeling insecure and afraid of getting old." "But you guys made up, right? No more fighting?" "No more fighting. I promise." |
 |
"Did I ever tell you that before you were born I was hoping you'd be a boy, but your dad wanted a girl. He wanted a girl both times. He loves you both so much, and so do I." "Even if I'm not a boy?" "Boys are highly overrated. Except for your dad, of course." |
 |
| "I'm sorry for kicking you, Mr. Flamingo. But things are finally getting better. My parents don't hate each other after all." |
(Sophie literally did this autonomously not long after Oliver and Calliope patched up their relationship, and I just thought it was cute.)
Family Updates
Calliope
 |
| I've never really played with the social groups all that much so I think this was the first time I've had a sim gain a trait from rising in the ranks. Calliope gained Computer Whiz from being Nerdy. |
 |
| She didn't actually accomplish that many wishes. The two she achieved were kissing another sim and getting more muscular (all that working out). |
 |
Yeah, just barely. Oliver was pissed. Every interaction she had with him for a while kept reducing their relationship lol Evelyn |
 |
Oh, this is exciting! Evelyn is the first of the siblings (aside from Sam) to have a child (even if it's with a Bunch lol) Julius |
 |
For some reason I thought Julius and Vinga were already married, but now it's official. Sam |
 |
| Sam is an Elder already. :( |
Comments
Post a Comment