Hadley Random Legacy: Gen. 2 Chapter 7

Oliver's POV

"I just want to have a talk with her." 

Both Theo and Henry always look so angry when they come over. I appreciate their willingness to stick up for me, but they really need to start giving it a rest already.

It's so strange seeing Sam all gray and stooped. I know that will be my future soon as well, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Julius continues to be the spitting image of his father.  

Julius brought his wife Vinga over. I think Henry was pleased to see that the werewolf genes would be passed down in another branch of the family.

"Now that's wife material. Wait, what was I carrying again?" 

In the midst of the gift giving party we'd thrown, Sophie left for prom. I can't believe she'll be an adult soon. Time is going by far too quickly.

Hazel was excited to see Evelyn and her baby bump. I'm happy one of my siblings finally decided to have kids of their own. Theo and Henry probably never will, but I hold out hopes for Hazel and Ezekiel.

"Thanks for inviting me, Uncle Oliver. It's good to have the whole family under one roof again." 

It was so good to have my siblings around again. I don't get to see them often enough.

"Woah, slow down there, Evie. You're inhaling that pizza."

"Shut up, Theo. I'm eating for two now."

Yeah, it was good to have them back. 

Well, mostly. Henry apparently couldn't help himself from destroying some of the furniture. 

"Chess is for nerds."

It was good to have a quiet moment with Hazel.

"You were right, by the way," I told her. "We really just needed to learn how to talk to each other again."

"I'm just glad you two were able to work things out." 

Henry treated us to some of his dance moves. They were...questionable, to say the least.

We finally got around to the whole point of the party, exchanging gifts. The girls were the most excited of course, and they were absolutely spoiled by their many aunts and uncles.

Sophie has a strange fondness for her Uncle Henry. I'm not sure how I feel about it honestly.

"Who's a good boy?"

"That tickles! HAHAHA."

"This family is unhinged."

I had to agree with Sam. 

"Nice job, Henry. They invite us over for a nice dinner, and you destroy their furniture. Do you still need to be housebroken too?"

"Shut up, old man." 

Calliope has gotten really good at fending off unwanted advances from the many people she saves. She told me that people have some sort of unhealthy obsession with lifeguards. But she also told me she knows how to run in slow motion now so I'm not quite sure what to believe.

We have two teenagers in the house now. 

(Isabel gained the Irresistible trait.) 

"So it begins..."

I'm not sure Calliope and I were prepared to deal with twice the amount of teenage angst and moodiness. 


Luckily, aside from the occasional mood swing, the girls were well-behaved and dedicated to their studies. 

"What do you want to be when you grow up, Izzy?"

"I don't care as long as I can be outside. You?"

"Well, I really want to learn more about the aliens who abducted me. Or maybe find out more about what happens after we die?"

"Wait, you got abducted by aliens?" 

"Oh yeah and so did Aunt Hazel. They seem to like our family for some reason." 


"God, I'm so hungry I could eat a llama right now!"

"Hello to you too, Henry. Is that...is Theo running on the frozen pond?"

I needed to get out of the house for a bit so I visited the winter festival where I promptly ran into my brothers.  


Theo finally stopped running on the pond long enough for me to say hello, just in time for a fan to snap a quick picture. Our family continues to be somewhat famous, no doubt the legacy of my dad. We're all the kids of a very famous rockstar after all. 


I spent some time snowboarding, which I've never done in my life. I was surprisingly pretty good at it though.

While Calliope has to work out to stay in shape for her job, Sophie just does it because she loves it. They spend a lot of time working out together.

I've been getting out of the house a lot more lately, even spending some time down at Varg's. Normally I really don't care about this whole "famous" thing, but I'll occasionally pose for the fans. It's a nice little ego boost. 

Sophie has been spending more time with her longtime friend Rufus. I think she might even have a crush on him, but every time I ask about it, she assures me they are just friends. I think it's just that both of them are too afraid to make the first move. 

I remember those days, being so young and unsure of myself and my place in the world. Now I'm nearing the top of my career, but I'm also growing old. I have conflicted feelings about it. I've achieved so much, and I'm proud of myself and my family. But it's a bittersweet feeling knowing that the torch will soon be passed to one of my daughters as I get ever closer to entering my golden years...

Family Updates

 Evelyn

Evelyn's husband Ethan actually died before she gave birth to their son Leonas.

Poor Ethan never even got to meet baby Leonas.

 Evelyn didn't waste much time finding a new partner though, and this time one much closer in age. Actually, I think he is probably younger.

Julius 

Julius adopted a new dog.

 Vinga is pregnant again with their second baby. :)

Sam 


WHAT. No one was surprised?? I'm surprised! They've been together forever!

Sophie

Sophie was voted Prom Queen which is very surprising considering...

she kept getting into fights! I guess she still needed to work out some of her issues from witnessing the near-end of her parents' relationship. 

This wasn't even the last fight. She got into a third fight but I didn't get the screenshot. Basically, she had one of the most miserable prom experiences I've ever seen and came home with so many negative moodlets lol

Theodore

Theodore proposed to Wynne. Maybe this one will work out?

They actually got married!

And even moved in together, which means poor Henry is truly a bachelor on his own now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 1

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 5

Hadley Random Legacy: Gen 1 Chapter 2